Your front garden is the first thing people notice when they look at your home, so getting that first impression right is important. It’s worth spending some time to consider what aesthetic you are hoping to achieve, because the possibilities are endless when it comes to front garden designs. From a minimalist modern look to a lush, traditional garden, there are many options to choose from that will let you transform your front garden into your ideal outdoor space. Here are some front garden ideas to help you create the perfect outdoor area for your new forever home.
New Build Front Garden Ideas
There’s a lot that you can do with a new build front garden, but this might seem daunting at first. So, to help you design your dream new build front garden, take a look at our advice below:
Choose a Theme
There are a few different themes you might want to incorporate into your front garden design. A traditional garden typically features a symmetrical layout with a central pathway leading to the front door. The garden beds on either side of the path are often filled with classic plants such as roses, hydrangeas, and oxeye daisies. You can also add a small lawn, topiary, or a water feature for a more sophisticated look. There are plenty of other options to consider though, such as:
• Modern Garden: A modern garden usually includes clean lines, minimalistic designs, and a contemporary mix of materials. Concrete, steel, and stone are common materials used in modern gardens, creating a sleek and stylish atmosphere. Consider geometric patterns, bold colours, and unique architectural elements to make your garden stand out.
• Seasonal Garden: A seasonal front garden is fantastic because it incorporates the changing seasons. You’ll get to enjoy different plants that only appear at certain times of year, ensuring that your garden is beautiful throughout. So your garden will look quite different during the winter months when compared to spring or autumn.
Considering the plants you want to grow in your front garden helps you design it. One of the best options for a sustainable and stress-free front garden is to use native plants. Native plants are adapted to the local climate and soil conditions, making them easier to maintain. They also attract local wildlife, like birds and butterflies, which can be a beautiful sight in your garden. You could also opt for:
• Low-Maintenance Plants: For those who want a low-maintenance garden, consider planting succulents, grasses, and other hardy, drought-resistant plants. These options can withstand harsh weather conditions and require minimal watering and care.
• Colourful Flower Beds: Add vibrancy to your front garden by planting colourful flowers. Seasonal blooms can transform the appearance of your garden, providing a pop of colour and changing the look throughout the year. Choose a mix of annuals and perennials to ensure year-round colour. You can even change it up for the seasons by adding plants like hyacinths in the winter months.
One of the best ways to add your own character into your front garden is through garden features. They come in a vast range of styles, allowing you to create a space that truly resonates with you. Some options include:
• Pathways: A well-designed pathway can add functionality and visual appeal to your front garden. Choose materials that complement the style of your garden, such as brick, stone, or gravel.
• Water Features: Water features like fountains, ponds, or birdbaths can create a tranquil atmosphere in your front garden. The sound of water adds a calming effect and can mask noise from nearby streets.
• Lighting: Garden lighting can enhance the beauty of your garden at night, creating a welcoming atmosphere. Use path lights, uplights, or spotlights to highlight features like trees, pathways, or water features.
Design Your New Build Front Garden to Your Tastes
Designing a front garden for a new build offers endless opportunities to express your creativity and style right outside your front door. By choosing a theme, selecting the right plants, considering lawn alternatives, and adding garden features, you can create a beautiful and inviting outdoor space that complements your new home.
If you’re looking for your forever home with a beautiful front garden, find it here at Beech Grove.